YOUTH ON COURSE 100 HOLE HIKE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND/OR NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. The Sweepstakes. The YOUTH ON COURSE 100 HOLE HIKE Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is subject to these Official Rules and to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void in Puerto Rico, United States possessions and territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Youth on Course, 30 Ragsdale Drive, Suite 201, Monterey, CA 93940 (“Sponsor” or “Youth on Course”).
3. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who (A) are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry, (B) follow @yocgolf, @100HoleHike, and @taylormadegolf on Instagram (www.instagram.com/yocgolf, www.instagram.com/100HoleHike, and www.instagram.com/taylormadegolf) for notification purposes, and (C) have a non-private Instagram account. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, parent companies, and subsidiaries, as well as prize provider Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc. and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), together with the immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, and children) and those persons living in the same household as such employees (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win.
4. Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes will begin on October 12, 2023 at 9:00am PT and end on November 14, 2023 at 9:00am PT. (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s (or Sponsor’s designated representative’s) computer is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.5. How to Enter. On or about October 12, 2023 at 9:00am PT, a post announcing the Sweepstakes will appear on the @yocgolf, @100holehike, and @taylormadegolf Instagram accounts (each referred to as the “Announcement Post”).
During the Promotion Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes by (1) “liking” the Announcement Post; (2) tagging a friend using the “Add a comment” feature on the Announcement Post on Instagram; and (3) “following” the Instagram accounts @yocgolf, @100holehike, and @taylormadegolf by using the “Follow” button on each account. (the “Entry Content”).
You must post only the required Entry Content specified above for each specific method of entry. Do not add additional content. Adding any content to your reply other than the required Entry Content will result in disqualification of the applicable post.
Entrants may be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive commercial emails from Sweepstakes Entities during the entry process but are not required to do so. Opting in to receive emails from Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Entities will not increase an entrant’s chance of winning.
6. Limit one (1) Instagram entry per person. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. Use of multiple Instagram accounts to enter will result in disqualification. All entries must be received and recorded during the Promotion Period to be eligible for the drawing. Proof of entry submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
7. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to set up the Instagram account, or the Facebook account used to set up the Instagram account, will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder of an email address shall mean the natural person assigned to such account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such account. The authorized account holder of a Facebook account is the natural person reflected in Facebook’s records as registering the account. The potential winner may be required to provide identification and other verification sufficient to show that s/he was the authorized account holder of such email address or Facebook account.8. Prize. There is one prize for the entire Sweepstakes, which consists of one (1) Kingdom at TaylorMade Fitting Experience, which includes the following: Kingdom Fitting Experience for one person; and one (1) full bag of custom TaylorMade clubs (14 clubs: driver, woods, irons, wedges, putter and golf bag). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $4,400.00. Winner will work with Sponsor to schedule the date the prize will be redeemed, which must be no later than December 15, 2024, and no changes shall be permitted after confirmation of the date. Once determined, no change, extension, or substitution of dates for the trip is permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No travel elements (including, without limitation, airfare, airport or airline taxes, baggage fees, lodging, in-room hotel charges, charges for hotel amenities, insurance, gasoline, meals, gratuities, additional ground transportation, parking, souvenirs, etc.) are included as part of the prize. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of a prize, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. Winner and any permitted guest(s) specifically release Sponsor from any and all claims for loss or damage to baggage or property, or from personal injuries or death, or from loss or delay, arising out of the acts, omissions, or negligence of any independent contractors, such as air carriers, hotels, restaurateurs, transportation providers, medical personnel, or other providers of services or facilities. If a prize includes one or more guests and winner chooses not to include the allotted guests, the remaining elements of the prize shall be awarded and shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. If a prize involves attendance at an event and if the event does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then the remaining components, if any, of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded. No difference between the actual retail value of a prize and the approximate retail value stated in these rules will be awarded. Winner is responsible for all other expenses associated with receipt and use of a prize (other than delivery to winner’s shipping address).
The prize will be considered compensation to the winners. All applicable taxes associated with and applicable to receipt or use of the prize (if any) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will file an IRS Form 1099 for the value of any prize valued at $600 or greater. The winner of any such prize will be required to furnish her or his social security number for purposes of same.
Please note that there is no cash award associated with any prize. The Prize awarded herein is non-transferable; no substitutions or exchanges by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute one or more elements of a prize for a prize of equal or greater value. Prize may not be redeemed for cash value.
Each potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of residence. Each potential winner must complete, sign, and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release within the time period designated by Sponsor. If a potential winner fails to do so, that potential winner will be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited.
9. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
10. Winner Selection and Notification. On or about November 8, 2023 at approximately 12:00pm PT, Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative will select one potential winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Sponsor will notify the potential winner via Instagram direct message at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately at the time Sponsor sends the direct message. Sponsor will only be required to make one notification attempt. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to attempt to contact any potential winner(s) more than once, in its sole and absolute discretion, and will not be required to attempt to contact potential winner(s) an equal number of times or in the same manner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of Instagram account, email address, and/or telephone number of any entrant(s) and/or winner(s).
If a potential winner (a) cannot be contacted or does not respond to a notification attempt within three days of notification, or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (b) does not timely return the Required Documents (as defined in Section 11 below); or (c) is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, that potential winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner will be selected by random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries for the corresponding Prize Pool, subject to the above requirements. For each potential winner, if Sponsor is unable to successfully identify a qualified potential winner after Sponsor has attempted to notify five (5) potential winners, Sponsor may elect not to award the corresponding prize.11. Winner Verification and Required Documents. Winner is subject to verification, including verification of residence. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required, within the time period designated by Sponsor, to (a) present a valid photo identification issued by a commonwealth, district, or state of the United States or by the United States federal government; (b) complete, sign, and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability release; (c) except where prohibited by law, complete, sign, and return a publicity release; and/or (d) complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 in its entirety, which includes the winner’s valid United States taxpayer identification number or social security number (the “Required Documents”).
Please note that no entrant is a winner of a prize unless and until such entrant’s eligibility has been verified and such entrant has completed and returned the Required Documents, even if that entrant’s name has been publicly posted or identified as a winner prior to completion of the verification process.
Limit one winner per household (spouses, parents, siblings, and children).
12. Winner. The name of the winner can be obtained 30 days after the end of the Promotion Period by mailing a request including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Youth on Course, Attn: 100 Hole Hike TaylorMade Sweepstakes Winners’ List, 30 Ragsdale Dr, Suite 201, Monterey, CA 93940. All requests must be received no later than 60 days after the end of the Promotion Period.
13. Trademark Attribution. The trademarks of Sponsor and Social Media Entities are the trademarks of their respective owners. Use does not imply affiliation.
14. Unless otherwise specified, the following terms, conditions, and/or restrictions generally apply to Sweepstakes participation and/or prize(s):
a. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, MUNICIPAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
b. Sponsor has not made and is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims, any representation, warranty, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize.
d. Participation; Release. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error herein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all actions of the Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representative, whose decisions are binding and final on all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators to hold harmless, release, indemnify, and defend, Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, the Social Media Entities, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, and representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, rights, claims, actions costs, or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury, and/or death, in connection with or arising out of: entrant’s participation in the Promotion; acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or the delivery thereof; preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to or from any prize-related activity; and any claims based on rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or defamation.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You understand and acknowledge that Section 1542 states: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant expressly waives and relinquishes all rights and benefits under that section and any law of any jurisdiction of similar effect with respect to her or his release of any claims he or she may have against Sponsor as a result of participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance of a Prize.
The Releasees assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate registration or entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled, or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) failure to access any website, website feature, social media page, online entry page, or otherwise due to internet browser settings including settings blocking or limiting cookies or pop-ups, as well as choices, preferences, or settings specific to any website or social media platform; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction, or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (e) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet in general; (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes; or (g) incomplete, lost, or late entries.
e. Publicity Rights. Except to the extent otherwise prohibited by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, entrant and/or winner grants to Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns, and those acting under their authority to use, and to authorize others to use, her/his name, likeness, and biographical information throughout the world in all media now known or hereafter existing and in perpetuity for any lawful purpose (including but not limited to advertising, marketing, publicity, and promotion of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes, other sponsor promotions, the products and services associated with Sponsor and the Sweepstakes, and for all their internal business purposes) without further compensation, permission, or right of approval.
f. Modification, Cancellation, or Suspension of Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should any cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, fairness, security, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes and, if feasible in light of such situation as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to select the winner in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If, in the Sponsor’s reasonable opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) and if feasible in light of such situation as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion select a winner using all known eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date of termination. Sponsor may prohibit entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not responsible for typographic or printer’s errors. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded.
g. Waiver. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZES OR OFFERS AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEY’S FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES) AND/OR ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
h. Internet and Mobile Phone Use. Please note that any normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your Internet service provider will apply. If you use a mobile device to access the Sweepstakes entry form, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply. You understand that by participating in this Sweepstakes via mobile phone, if you are a potential winner, the Sponsor may contact you via mobile phone, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan.
i. Travel or Other Accommodations. No travel or accommodations are included in this prize.
k. Governing Law. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. By entering the Sweepstakes, you submit and consent to the exclusive juristication of the courts of the State of California, and agree that the venue for any suit, action or legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be the California Superior Court in and for the County of Monterey, California.
l. Consumer Rights. Nothing in these official rules affects, restricts, limits, or excludes any statutory rights of a consumer.